| || |
Reporting a Suspicious Substance
Report a suspicious substance or parcel by calling 9-1-1.
Parcels that should make you suspicious:
- Are unexpected or from someone unfamiliar to you
- Have no return address, or have one that can’t be verified as legitimate
- Are marked with restrictive endorsements such as "Personal," "Confidential," or "Do not X-ray"
- Have protruding wires or aluminum foil, strange odors or stains
- Show a city or state in the postmark that doesn’t match the return address
- Are of unusual weight given their size, or are lopsided or oddly shaped
- Are marked with threatening language
- Have inappropriate or unusual labeling
- Have excessive postage or packaging material, such as masking tape and string
- Have misspellings of common words
- Are addressed to someone no longer with your organization or are otherwise outdated
- Have incorrect titles or titles without a name
- Are not addressed to a specific person
- Have handwritten or poorly typed addresses
For more information, please visit the U.S. Postal Service website.