| || |
Request for Informal Assessment Review
There is no charge to file a request to have your property value reviewed by the Assessor.
- The filing period for Informal Assessment Reviews is January 1 to April 30, 2012.
- The Assessor will review requests submitted after April 30 as time allows.
- The Assessor will consider the market value of property as of January 1, 2012 (lien date).
- Prior tax years cannot be reviewed.
- Choose the form for your property type. Be sure to provide accurate and complete information.
Print the completed form and mail it to:
Orange County Assessor
Attention: Real Property
P. O. Box 22000
Santa Ana, CA 92702-2000
- This is an informal request for review.
- The Assessor will send you a Value Notice in July. The notice will show the Taxable Value determined by the Assessor's review.
- The Taxable Value will be used to calculate your taxes due in December 2012 and April 2013.
- This is not a formal assessment appeal. A formal assessment appeal may be filed with the Clerk of the Assessment Appeals Board between July 2 and no later than September 15.
If you have any questions, please call (714) 834-2727.