| || |
Mission & Goals
Our mission is to serve the citizens of Orange County by:
- Valuing all legally assessable property
- Developing values with fairness and impartiality
- Producing property tax assessment rolls in accordance with the laws of the State of California
- Assisting property owners in understanding their property valuations
- Providing accurate information in a timely and courteous manner
Our goals are to:
- Make property valuation information more accessible and easier to understand
- Enhance efficiency and productivity by implementing new technology, policies and procedures
- Encourage employee development by providing access to relevant training opportunities
The Assessor's Responsibilities
- The Assessor is required by law to determine the value of all taxable property in Orange County for property tax purposes.
- The information is published on assessment reports and provided to property owners on valuation notices.
- The Assessor does not establish tax rates or collect property taxes.
We can help you...
- Understand your taxable value.
- Apply for various exemptions.
- Find an assessor parcel number (APN).
- Update your mailing address for valuation notices and property tax bills.
- Complete a Change of Ownership Statement, or other property assessment forms.