Welcome to the County of Orange Benefits Center! This is the hub from which you can follow all the pathways to your benefits.
Table of Contents
The Benefits Center is a centralized benefits center dedicated to administering and providing information about your benefits. The Benefits Center allows you to “Click” or “Call” to enroll and get information. Using the Benefits Center you can get personalized benefits information any time as long as you have your PIN. You can also enroll or make changes on-line or with the help of a Benefits Specialist on the telephone.
The Benefits Center consists of two parts:
You have two options for benefits information and enrollment:
Your personalized Benefits Enrollment Summary is a valuable tool to help you make your benefit choices. Your Beneftis Enrollment Summary shows:
Keep this summary with you as you enroll, since it includes important information about your benefits. You can also access your Benefits Enrollment Summary on the Benefits Center Web Site as long as you have your Social Security Number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Your automatic benefits coverage if you do nothing before the deadline
- The benefits in which you’re eligible to enroll
- Your costs for each benefit
- Enrollment Requirements and instructions
The Benefits Center has many advantages:
- It’s paperless — Simply access the Benefits Center Web Site from your computer.
- It’s fast and easy — Just log onto the Benefits Center Web Site to enroll. The Web Site includes helpful information and plan comparison tools to help you make your benefit elections.
- It’s convenient — You’re able to view all of the benefits for which you’re eligible, and the costs of the benefit programs, in one place on the Benefits Center Web Site. You can access the most current information about your benefits 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You can access the Benefits Center Web Site 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you are a County employee or retiree and have the following:
- A computer with Internet access
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
You can call the Benefits Resource Line toll-free at 1-866-325-2345. The Benefits Resource Line has several advantages:
- It’s paperless — Simply call the Benefits Resource Line to get information about your benefits or speak to a Benefits Specialist to enroll.
- It’s fast and easy — Just call the Benefits Resource Line and you can enroll yourself and your dependents in all of your benefits in one simple phone call!
- It’s convenient — You’re able to access a Benefits Specialist or be transferred to the member services department of the various benefit plans directly through the automated system. You can talk to a Benefits Specialists Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Pacific Time, except for holidays.
A Benefits Specialist is a person who knows the County’s benefits and can help you by:
Benefits Specialists understand the benefits offered by the County. They also have immediate access to all of the information about your benefits. With all of this information at their fingertips, Benefits Specialists are a valuable resource for you to use.
- Handling your enrollment right over the phone
- Answering your questions about benefits
- Sending you forms or providing information you may need
Benefits Specialists are available Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. PT, except holidays.
Here's how to make the best decisions for you and your family:
- Consider your coverage needs and carefully review your materials
- Ask questions. You can find answers online, in your Benefits Enrollment Guide, or by talking to a Benefits Specialist.
By doing these things, you'll be able to make informed choices for you and your family.
You’ll find a copy of your personalized Benefits Enrollment Summary, showing the benefits for which you’re eligible and their costs in the enrollment package you receive in the mail. You need your enrollment summary, SSN and PIN to enroll.
You can log onto the Benefits Center Web Site from any computer with Internet access, at home or at work. Here are the steps to take to get started down the pathways to your benefits online:
- Simply type the Web Site address, https://www.benefitsweb.com/countyoforange.html into your browser and press the “Enter” key.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access the “Welcome” screen.
- The first time you log on to the site, you’ll automatically be prompted to change your PIN. Just follow the instructions on screen to change your PIN.
- Pre-register for the "Forgot my Pin" feature - this will allow you access to the web site 24/7 even if you forget your PIN
To enroll by phone, you simply call the Benefits Resource Line to speak with a Benefits Specialist:
Dial the toll-free Benefits Resource Line number, 1-866-325-2345.
You’ll be prompted to enter your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you don't have your PIN, please wait on the line briefly for instructions to speak with a Benefits Specialist.
The first time you call the Benefits Resource Line, you’ll be prompted to change your PIN.
You’ll receive a Benefits Confirmation Statement in the mail shortly after you enroll (or at the end of your enrollment period if you did not make any enrollment elections). Review this statement carefully to make sure it's accurate. If you find errors in the elections you made or if you make an election and don't receive a statement within 10 business days, call the Benefits Resource Line right away and speak to a Benefits Specialist. You’ll have 10 business days from the date on your statement to report any errors in your benefits selection.
Check out some frequently asked questions and answers about the Benefits Center.
Q. When can I use the Benefits Center Web Site and Benefits Resource Line?
A. You can access the Benefits Center Web Site and Benefits Resource Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak to a Benefits Specialist on the phone between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Q. What if I have an ongoing situation? Will I be able to talk to the same Benefits Specialist each time I call?
A. While you might not talk with the same Benefits Specialist each time you call, you’ll find that it shouldn’t matter. All Benefits Specialists will be able to access your benefits information and help you resolve your problems.
Q. Can I get claim forms through the Benefits Center?
A.Yes. You can print claim forms on the Benefits Center Web Site by clicking on the My Benefits, then Resource Materials, then Documents & Forms link on the navigation bar. Then, select the form you want to print. You can also request that forms be mailed to you by calling the Benefits Resource Line.
You can find answers to most of your questions about benefits and enrollment by contacting the Benefits Center – online or on the phone – or right here on the Employee Benefits web site.