Internship Position Description
Accounting Office Support Intern - County Executive Office (unpaid internship)
Name and Location of Agency/Department Requesting Intern:
County Executive Office
Information & Technology
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Functions of Agency/Department:
The Orange County Executive Office (CEO) Information & Technology (IT) division offers a variety of IT services to County of Orange agencies and departments. In its current role, CEO/IT provides leadership in Countywide strategic IT initiatives and delivers shared IT data services and telephone services.
Duties include assisting staff with day-to-day activities within a governmental department. Students or recent graduate will perform basic accounting tasks as well as activities that may include application of higher-level skills acquired through academic training or experience. Duties may include one or more of the following:
- Update IT finance reports & create budget/finance binders
- Assist with accounts payable and receivable activities
- Proofread statistical data & assist with file organization
- Provide staff support with fixed asset, petty cash and credit card activities
- Assist with data entry for work request reports
- Provide office support with filing, printing and photocopy of budget/finance reports
This position is best suited for students or recent graduates, majoring in or having a strong interest in accounting and/or finance.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
The ideal candidate has excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to research information using various resources in order to prepare reports and other correspondence; experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio; ability to organize and prioritize various projects and meet deadlines; and work experience in a fast-paced environment. Professional appearance and business attire are required.
Minimum 10 - 20 hours per week for 3 - 6 months. Hours must be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.). Interns able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship generally gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although the internship is an unpaid position that does not lead to permanent employment, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes/work history and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge acquired in an academic setting to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network with professionals in their fields of interest
- Intern with one of the premier employers in the region
Live Scan fingerprinting may be required prior to intern placement. The background investigation can take several weeks to process.
How to Apply:
Please click on the link listed below to access application guidelines.