Internship Position Description
Organizational Development Intern (unpaid internship)
Name and Location of Agency/Department Requesting Intern:
OC Community Resources
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Intern may be offered an opportunity to drive to off-site locations within Orange County to participate in department-sponsored events related to the internship. A valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance coverage for personal injuries and property damage are required for all interns who operate a personal vehicle as part of their assignment. Mileage reimbursement may be available for authorized travel.
Functions of Agency/Department:
OC Community Resources is Orange County’s newest department consisting of four programs – OC Animal Care, OC Community Services, OC Parks and OC Public Libraries. OC Community Resources is committed to connecting people with resources.
Organizational Development (OD) operates within Administrative Services, providing service and support to the programs listed above. OD identifies the training and educational needs of the OCCR workforce through surveys and other means, provides resources to deliver training and organizational development programs, and develops and delivers program-specific curriculum. The OD division balances the organization’s business requirements and constraints while nurturing an environment which values employee participation, staff development and collaborative management.
Duties may include assisting staff with one or more of the following assignments or projects:
- Provide administrative support to OD staff by responding to employee inquiries, preparing electronic files, spreadsheets, reports, presentations and paper documents
- Update and/or create training resource material such as class handouts, newsletters, catalogs, etc.
- Conduct research and analysis and draft reports/findings on special projects
- Assist staff with day-to-day operations
This position is best suited for college students or recent graduates with backgrounds in Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Communications, Public Relations, Research, Sociology, Journalism or related fields.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and dependable
- Eager to gain professional experience
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Reliable, outgoing and able to work independently
- Flexible to schedule changes and last-minute assignments
- Experienced in Internet use and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
Students and recent graduates with previous office experience are encouraged to apply. Professional appearance and business attire are required.
Minimum 10 - 20 hours per week for 3 - 6 months. Hours may be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to permanent employment, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes/work history and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge acquired in an academic setting to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network with professionals in their fields of interest